Find out all about the unique and beautiful kingdoms of life at a microscopic scale and how every organism meets the challenges of survival no matter its size. The perfect book for people who enjoy photography, nature and biology.
Inside the pages of this exciting educational nature book, you’ll find:
• Microscopic life-forms (often neglected), and their life-forms in extreme close-ups, revealing details such as nerve cells and hair follicles.
• Artworks support the beautiful images, providing a deeper insight into structure and function and building a picture of how living organisms work at a microscopic level.
• Comprehensive coverage of the natural world, including all the main groups of living things.
• Explores overlooked groups that have a huge role in the natural world: insects, which make up 80% of the world’s animal species — of which there are more in a human mouth than there are people in the world.
• The book is organized according to the main functions of life: movement, reproduction, energy and feeding, sensing the surroundings, defense, etc.
• Optional 80-page section containing a catalog of the major kingdoms of life.